WORLD MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP - Valkenswaard (NED)
The sixth round of the World Motocross MX2 championship wich took place over the famous Valkenswaard's sand, saw the domination of the dutch ace J. Herlings in both races but with swisse Arnaud Tonus who, with a second and a fifth in the heats, had great content to the dominance of dutch KTm rider rival now the new frontrunner of the overall. Good performance for french kawa rider D. Ferrandis coming back from Holland with a 4th and an 8th place in the heats. Still "out of duty" the MXGP drivers of the CLS Monster team Kawasaki Lupino and Searle.
Next round of the Motocross World next weekend with the Spanish Grand Prix in Talavera de la Reina.
MX2 - GP Classification
1. Herlings (NED, KTM), (1+1) points;
2. Febvre (FRA, HUS), (3+3) ;
3. Tixier (FRA, KTM), (5+2);
4. Guillod (SUI, KTM), (4+7);
5. Tonus (SUI, KAW), (2+5) ; TCX rider
6. Ferrandis (FRA, KAW), (4+8) ; TCX rider
MX2 OVERALL STANDING:
1. Herlings (NED, KTM), 244 points;
2. Tonus (SUI, KAW), 229;
3. Febvre (FRA, HSQ), 198;
WORLD MOTO2 / MOTO 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - Jerez de la Frontera (SPA)
Esteve "tito" Rabat unfortunately does not replicate in Jerez his earlier performance finishing fourth in the home Grand Prix won by the team-mate Kallio. Johann Zarco and his Caterham conclude in eighth place while both Lowes and Nakagami were forced to retire and DNF. Despite the 4th place spanish Marc VDS Racing Team leads the championship firmly on teammate Kallio.
In Moto3, won by Fenati, best TCX rider Masbou 12th and 16th Guevara.
Next round of the Moto2 and Moto3 in the middle of May with the French Grand Prix at Le Mans.
WORLD SBK / SS CHAMPIONSHIP - Assen (NED)
Third round of the World Superbike Championship with the Dutch GP featured by heavy rain fallen for the whole sunday in both the heats. Among the protagonists Alex Lowes ( twin brother Sam, winner of the World Supersport 2013), especially in the second race, was the author of an amazing comeback from 10th to second place and run entirely under the rain falling in very hard conditions . For the Crescent Suzuki team rider the first run had closed up in 9th place after the race was stopped for a red flag.
In the World Supersport concomitant championship let's notice the come back to the podium places of frenchman Jules Cluzel riding his MVAgusta that after the victory in Australia, and the DNF in Aragon , back in the top positions in the overall championship even where is now just eight points behind from the top.
Next GP round in Imola (ITALY) next may 11th.
WORLD MOTO2 / MOTO 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - Santiago (ARG)
Moto2 class totally dominated byspanish Esteve "tito" Rabatl with a clear victory and appeals without dominating the race from start to finish . Now the spanish Marc VDS Racing Team rider leads the championship overall firmly with 30 points behind his team-mate Kallio . Still struggling with the best of its setting Speed up motorbike the english "ace" Sam Lowes ended his race in eighth place.
In Moto 3, won by Fenati, french rider Alex Masbou riding his Honda ends the 11th and is now sixth in the overall championship.
Next GP round in Jerez de la Frontera (SPAIN) next may 4th.
Fifth round of the World Motocross Championship with the bulgarian Gp wich saw Arnaud Tonus keep the red plate front runner thanks to the 2-2 in the heats behind the dutch KTM powered Herlings came back in really great shape after the injuries of a few weeks ago. For the swiss team CLS Kawasaki rider a GP ridden with the head" and not only with his" throttle " as well as the conditions of the track in both of the heats were quite heavy due to the rain fallen. A very smooth GP even for teammate Dylan Ferrandis who returns from Sevlievo with two fourth places and with Covington still searching for the best setting of his new bike.
In the MX1 with Searle still out for the after-effects of the fall in Thai GP has also added Alessandro Lupino who could not take part in the GP because of the knee injury suffered in training during the week that likely will keep him out for several weeks.
The sixth round of the series will be held on the Dutch track of Valkenswaard on next May 4th.
MX2 GP Overall: 1. Herlings (KTM), 1+1; 2. Tonus (KAW), 2+2.; 3.Tixier (KTM), 3+3.; 4. Ferrandis (KAW) 4+4
MX2 World Championship standing: 1. Arnaud Tonus (SUI, KAW), 198 points; 2. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 194 p.; 3. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, SUZ), 176 p.; 4. Romain Febvre (FRA, HUS), 158 p.; 5. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, KAW), 154 p.;
Pre-Easter weekend full of races where TCX riders were among the contenders as usual. Let's see what happened in the different categories:
- WEC World ENDURO Championship - Val de Cambra (POR) : exactly one week away from the spanish round in Val de Cambra, Portugal, the story was repeated by the same starring of the Solsona round that's Antoine Meo 1-1 in E2 , Chris Nambotin 1-1 in E1 and E3 won by Cervantes that had in Mathew Phillips a worthy opponent even if less experienced. Good days in the EJ of junior class by Redondi, McCanney and Larrieu . Next round with the WEC in the middle of may with the GP of Greece.
- MXGP World Motocross Championship - Arco ( ITA) : With Tommy Searle still "out" for the consequences of the fall in Thailand the news ' most' important news inside the CLS Monster Kawasaki team was about the move of Alessandro Lupino in MXGP class and the new teammate Covington in the MX2. For the "Lupo" a difficult race with still little confidence with the large 450 bore but good about an encouraging eighth place in the second race after a poor start during the first. In the MX2 Arnaud Tonus still hang on the red plate frontrunner thanks to a 2-3 run in the heats with Ferrandis (10-0 ) and Covingto very far from a good race finished a little in the rear. The next round of the World Motocross Championship in a week , in Sevlievo , Bulgaria.
- MOTO 2/3 Grand Prix of the Americas - Austin , TX ( USA): After being the "poleman" on Saturday "tito " Rabat does not replicate in the race even if his second place finish says a lot about who the protagonist will be until the end of the season. For Zarco good qualifying but bad race ended after two laps due to a contact with Simon. Lowes delayed from the fall at the first curve ends his U.S. Grand Prix in sixteenth position . In Moto 3 from the sixth report of the French Masbou and Cisco Guevara 11th. Next Round of the MotoGp series last weekand of April with the argentinian GP
The opening round of the World Enduro Championship in Solsona, Spain, has seen in a very good racing shape all the factory TCX riders starring in almost all the classes where, in the the E1, the french KTM powered Chris Nambotin peremptory closes with a 1-1 in both days of race. In the E2 "family battle" between Meo and Pela Renet with the French KTM rider won the overall over the former MX3 world champion. In the E3 class where he dominated the Spaniard Cervantes, Matt Phillips gets a very strong second place finish for the young Australian that sees for a brilliant future in the next rounds.
The next round of the WEC with the GP of Portugal, in Vale de Cambra, just next weekend. Stay tuned!
E1: 1. Nambotin (KTM) 1+1; 2. Guerrero (KTM) 2+4; 3. Tarroux (Sherco) 3+5;
E2: 1. Meo (KTM) 1+2; 2. Renet (Hsq) 3+1; 3. Aubert (Beta) 2+3;
E3: 1. Cervantes (KTM) 1+1; 2. Phillips (KTM) 2+3; 3. Correia (Beta) 4+4;
EJ: 1. McCanney (Beta) 1+1; 2. Larrieu (Husqvarna) 2+3; 3. Redondi (Beta) 3+2
EW: 1. Sanz (Honda)1+1; 2. Daniels (Husqvarna) 2+2; 3. Gardiner (Sherco) 3+3