With 13th and final stage, from La Serena to Valparaiso won by the spanish rider J. Barreda after the penalty to C. Despres, the 2014 Dakar rally has seen the final victory for facoty KTM rider M. Coma which has proved to be more concrete and constant overall during throughout the race and taking home deservedly his fourth overall win. Really troubled the race instead for Cyril Despres who pays dearly for the technical troubles of his Yamaha accused in the early days of the race, without which we are sure would have fought until the end of the title to its historical "friend" Coma. The Honda squadron places its CRF first to fifth place with Helder Rodrigues who paid a little more from the point of view of experience but due to its regularity 'is at the end the first of the Honda factory riders.
Dakar 2014, Stage 13:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) +01:59:44
2. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +00:00:40
3. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +00:01:23
4. Juan Pedero Garcia (ESP, Sherco) +00:01:35
5. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) 00:02:30
1. Coma (ESP, KTM) 54:50:53 hrs
2. Viladoms (ESP, KTM) +01:52:27
3. Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +02:00:03
4. Despres (FRA, Yamaha) +02:00:38
5. Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +02:11:09
The eleventh stage, from Antofagasta to El Salvador, was characterized by the classification stage distorted by the penalty imposed on the winner, and leader of the overall, spanich Marc Coma for changing the engine of his ktm: 15min penalty and then stage victory for Cyril Despres that, despite the considerable distance now accumulated in overall ranking, keeps on believing aiming for the final podium. The factory Honda H. Rodrigues always in the top positions is now fifth in the overall just ahead of Despres.
Dakar 2014, Stage 11:
1. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha)
2. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha)
3. Jordi Viladoms (ESP, KTM)
4. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda)
5. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda)
1. Coma (ESP, KTM) 48:39:41 hrs
2. Barreda (ESP, Honda) +00:37:36
3. Viladoms (ESP, KTM) +01:52:56
4. Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +02:06:40
5. Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +02:15:35 TCX rider
6. Despres (FRA, Yamaha) +02:16:18 TCX rider
Factory Yamaha rider Cyryl Despres has won the 8th stage of the 2014 Dakar rally from Uyuni to Calama last marathon stage over Bolivia and running all day at an average altitude between 3600 and 4000 meters above sea level The french Yamaha ace centers so 'his first stage win not by chance in a marathon stage thanks to its great experience and helped also by his yamaha 450 that seems to have solved the technical problems blamed over the argentinean stages and responsible for the severe delay in the overall classification. Great results and for the honda powered and portuguese Rodrigues and the french factory rider Metge (Cyril Despres teammate)
Dakar 2014, Stage 8:
1. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) TCX rider
2. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda)
3. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM)
4. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) TCX rider
5. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha)
6. Michael Metge (FRA, Yamaha) TCX rider
The 7th round of the 2014 Dakar, from Salta to Uyuni, ha seen the "big" factory riders back to the top positions of the race, revised on its special stage cause the heavy rain fall during these days. Stage victory for factry Honda rider Joan Barreda with 4'03 "ahead over factory KTM rider Marc Coma and with 5'35" over Cyril Despres, 3rd and now 10th in the overall raking after the unlucky stage of the last week where the french rider had serious technical problems to his 450 Yamaha.
Final results - Stage 7
1 Joan Barreda 03:28'41 ESP HONDA TEAM HRC
2 Marc Coma +04'03 ESP KTM KTM Red Bull Rally Factory
3 Cyril Despres +05'35 FRA YAMAHA Yamaha Racing
4 Joan Pedrero +06'57 ESP SHERCO Sherco Rally Factory
Fifth stage of the 2014 Dakar rally unfortunately marked by the news of the death of belgian rider Eric Palante. To find the lifeless body of the fifty year old belgian rider was the truck that the organization follows the last of the race caravan. There would be no signs of an accident or collision or crash and of course you will have to wait for the results of the autopsy to determine the causes of death.
Palante leaves his wife and his five children.